Effective Date: September 26, 2019
Your privacy is important to us. Outage Buddy (“Company” “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality, and security of your information by complying with the requirements under applicable laws and regulations. We are committed to ensuring that all our employees, service providers, and agents uphold these obligations.
Your privacy is important to us. When running the Site, we follow a few fundamental principles:
* We don’t ask you for Personally Identifiable Information (defined below) unless we truly need it. That being said, the information we do ask for is solely to enable us to build an amazing customized experience and to communicate with you.
* We don’t share your information with third parties except to deliver you the Site, comply with the law, make the Site better, protect our rights, and/or effectuate a business transfer.
What Information Does the Site Collect?
We may collect a variety of PII, including:
* Information from Third Party Services (defined below) that you explicitly give us access to; and
* Your contact information, such as your email address (depending on how you contact us).
We may also collect a variety of Non-PII, including various analytics data, such as:
* the IP address of the computer you use to access the Services;
* the type of browser software you are using;
* the operating system you are using;
* the date and time you access or use the Services;
* the website address, if any, that linked you to the Services;
* the website address, if any, you leave our website and travel to;
* other non-personally identifiable traffic data;
* any username, including your first and last name, you submit to associate with your account on the Website.
* data or information relating to your use of our Services.
How We Collect Information
When You Contact Us or Provide Us with Information
If you contact us through the Website, we may request certain PII. This may include contact information such as your full name, organization, email address, phone number, billing address and other information. In addition, we may collect information regarding other websites you have visited prior to or after using our Services (i.e., Google, Amazon, Facebook, etc…).
Information We Automatically Collect
In order to improve and grow the Site, we may use other analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to automatically collect information about user and visitor usage (collectively, “Analytics Tools”). These Analytics Tools collect data such as how often you visit the Website, what areas of the Website you visit, and what other sites or services you used prior to using the Website.
Analytics Tools generally operate differently. For example, Google Analytics only collects the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit the Site, not your name or other identifying information. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your computer to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google.
Third Party Services
Communications You Initiate with Us
We do everything possible to make sure you have an amazing experience when using the Services. If you contact us in person, by phone, email, instant message, live chat, or by some other means (either through our Website or through a Third Party Service), we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence for later reference (to help improve our Site!).
How We Use the Information We Gather
We primarily use the information we collect and store to enhance the Services. We do not rent, trade, or sell your personal information.
Use of Information to Provide the Services to You
We use personal information to create a great User experience. Some ways we may internally use your information are to:
* Contact you when necessary;
* Respond to your comments or questions;
* Provide you with additional information according to your preferences;
* Customize and personalize your experience;
* Generate aggregated statistics to help us improve the customer experience;
* Make the Website easier and more convenient for you (such as by pre-populating forms when you have already provided identical information);
* Provide recommendations to you;
* Send you information and marketing materials about services and products available on our Website;
* Train our team members; or
* Other internal business purposes.
Agents or Third Party Partners
We may provide your personal information to our employees, contractors, agents, service providers, and designees (collectively, “Agents”) to enable them to perform certain services for us exclusively, including:
* Website-related services such as web hosting;
* Improvement of website-related services and features;
* Maintenance services; or
* Distribution of advertisements and other marketing materials on our behalf.
Protection of Us and Others
We may disclose your PII as required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, a lawful request by a public authority, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or similar legal process, and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a legal request.
What Personal Information Can I Access or Change?
You can change, alter, or amend personal information that you provide to us by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
If you decide you don’t want to receive email or other mail from us, you can select the “opt out” provision in our communications to unsubscribe. Unsubscribing will stop you from receiving most types of communication, but it may not apply to emails about orders or transactions you place through the Site or to respond to your specific request.
If you request that your information be deleted, we still may retain some personal information that you have provided to us in order to maintain your account related to the provision of our Services or to comply with relevant laws.
We are committed to making sure your information is protected and, where necessary, we have selected appropriate third-party vendors that help keep your personal information safe. Unfortunately, we do not control these third parties and therefore cannot guarantee complete security.
We do employ several physical and electronic safeguards to keep your information safe, including encrypted user passwords and securing all connections with industry standard transport layer security.
Even with all these precautions, we cannot fully guarantee against the access, disclosure, alteration, or deletion of data through events, including but not limited to hardware or software failure or unauthorized use. Any information that you provide to us is done so entirely at your own risk.
If you have questions concerning our information practices with respect to children, or if you learn that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has used the Site or provided us with personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Tracking and How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Online tracking is the collection of data about an individual’s Internet activity used to deliver targeted advertisements and for other purposes. Some web browsers (e.g., Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome) incorporate a "Do Not Track" (DNT) or similar feature that signals to websites that a visitor does not want to have his/her online activity and behavior tracked. If an online service elects to respond to a particular DNT signal, the service may refrain from collecting certain personal information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and there is currently no industry consensus as to what constitutes a DNT signal. For these reasons, many website operators, including Outage Buddy, do not take action to respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
International Users and Visitors
NOTICE TO EU DATA SUBJECTS
Some of the information you provide us may constitute sensitive data as defined in the GDPR (also referred to as special categories of personal data).
Legal Bases for Processing
|Processing Purpose||Legal Basis|
|*To communicate with you; to optimize our platform; for compliance, fraud prevention, and safety; to provide our service*||These processing activities constitute our legitimate interests. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impacts on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal information for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal information for activities where our interests are overridden by any adverse impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).|
|*To comply with law*||We use your personal information to comply with applicable laws and our legal obligations.|
|*With your consent*||Where our use of your personal information is based upon your consent, you have the right to withdraw it anytime in the manner indicated in the Service or by contacting us.|
Use for New Purposes
Under the GDPR, you have certain rights regarding your personal information. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
* Opt-out. Stop sending you direct marketing communications which you have previously consented to receive. We may continue to send you Service-related and other non-marketing communications.
* Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
* Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
* Delete. Delete your personal information.
* Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
* Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
* Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You can submit these requests by email to email@example.com. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.
Cross-Border Data Transfer
Whenever we transfer your personal information out of the EEA to the U.S. or countries not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal information protection, the transfer will be based on a data transfer mechanism recognized by the European Commission as providing adequate protection for personal information.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information out of the EEA.
We’d be happy to answer them. Send us a note at email@example.com.
P. O. Box 2941
Menifee, CA 92586